Thursday, May 5, 2011

Chocolate Cake with Milk Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

Mmm... I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. I last made this cake about a month ago. Though it wasn't the first time using this cake recipe, it was my first time frosting it with milk chocolate cream cheese frosting, which I believe to be the perfect compliment to this particular cake recipe. A quick note about the cake recipe: it is not my creation. It's the most popular chocolate cake recipe on allrecipes.com with, last I checked, over 900 five star reviews. It's also just as highly reviewed on foodnetwork.com. There you'll find it listed among Ina Garten's recipes. Here are the links:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Black-Magic-Cake/Detail.aspx

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/beattys-chocolate-cake-recipe/index.html

So I won't bother with typing up the cake recipe. But I will share my milk chocolate cream cheese frosting recipe.

Ingredients:
6 oz. milk chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 cups confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons milk

Directions:
In a double boiler, melt milk chocolate and butter until just melted. Whisk and remove from heat. In a bowl with a beater attachment, begin mixing the cream cheese and beat in melted chocolate. Alternate adding confectioners sugar and milk until you've achieved the desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment