Monday, March 4, 2013

Chocolate Banana Coconut Flour Muffins




These banana-based, cake-like muffins are sweet, moist, and a great way to put ripe bananas to use. The addition of chocolate chips on top provides a touch of decadence. Putting some cherry-juice infused craisins or nuts in the batter would also be a nice way to create different flavor and texture dimensions.


Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas (mashed)
3 eggs
3 tablespoons coconut flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
Approximately 1/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with liners. Combine all ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Fill liners with batter about 2/3 of the way full. Top with chocolate chips. Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Cool. Consume.
(Note: Makes about 10 muffins.)

(Depending on how much I fill the liners, and the size of the bananas, I can get as few as 9 muffins, or as many as 11.)

3 comments:

  1. I normally don't comment on recipes I've made, but I just have to for these. They. Are. Amazing! My husband does not do well with traditional breakfasts, so since we've been eating GF/mostly paleo, it's been hard to find things for him to eat in the morning. He was about to go back to eating cereal when I came across these muffins and tried them. That was a couple of months ago and we haven't looked back! I've made these weekly since then and have tweaked it just a tad: 1) I usually add nuts :) 2) I add a touch less coconut oil, 3) I use foil baking cups because they come out better from those. Otherwise, these are fantastic! Well done on the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are DELICIOUS! This is the first Paleo muffin recipe that I have found that I haven't made and thrown away after tasting. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made them and they taste really good but collapsed! so sad! they look really bad! :(

    ReplyDelete