Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies


I think I make these cookies more than any other, which makes it odd that I haven't blogged about them yet. Then I realized, I couldn't blog about them earlier because they always disappeared too quickly to be photographed. They are truly delightful, and I am proud to say that it is a recipe that I perfected myself. Please enjoy!


Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 oz milk chocolate chips


Directions

Cream butter and shortening; gradually add sugars, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer. Add egg; beat well.

Combine flour, soda, salt, and cocoa powder; add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough by 2 tablespoons, 3 inches apart, onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes. Eat warm or wait until cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment