Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baby Banana Buttermilk Pancakes


Nothing special here, just delightful simplicity. I have so many recipes that I need to share with you, but I've been somewhat preoccupied as of late. For now, I'll share this altogether wonderful breakfast delight. The one slight twist on these pancakes is that they are were cooked in a little more vegetable oil than usual, which gave then a really nice fried exterior. I think I'll make my pancakes like this from now on. Here in the South, we really love our fried food.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup oil
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 to 5 baby bananas, sliced; or 1 large banana, sliced

Directions:
Heat griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in buttermilk and oil, add remaining dry ingredient and stir.
Pour a couple tablespoons of oil onto griddle or skillet. Pour a 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle or skillet once the oil is hot. Place banana slices on the pancake before the edges begin to brown. After about two minutes, once edges look cooked and bubble break the surface, turn pancakes and cook until golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. How did you know that I have a craving for pancakes? They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete