Saturday, June 19, 2010

Easy Horchata Ice Cream (And Easy Horchata)


My husband and I recently became fans of horchata, the delightful agua fresca that I blogged about in April. I was thinking that horchata would make a perfect ice cream flavor; however, I did not want to take the wonderful homemade beverage and use it as anything other than a delicious drink. Instead, I decided to make an easy, semi-homemade horchata, which I would have no qualms about putting into an ice cream.

Easy Horchata: (note: rice milk and almond milk can be found in cartons in the cereal section of the super market.)
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups rice milk
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a pitcher and refrigerate.

Easy Horchata Ice Cream:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup easy horchata

Directions:
Combine whipping cream and sugar in a large bowl; beat until stiff peaks form. Blend in easy horchata and place in a freezable container; keep in the freezer and serve once frozen to desired firmness.
Makes about 32oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment