Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sunday Fried Chicken


Bear with me as I wax proseic about last Sunday evening. Ah, yes... it was the perfect conclusion to a pleasant weekend. After returning home from a late afternoon run, I put my two-year-old down for a nap to the sound of water being put to boil and the scent of New potatoes being pealed. In the background, Brad Paisley was singing about never ending love on Pandora radio. There was a handsome bare chested man in the kitchen preparing dinner for me. I took a shower, and when I had finished, I heard the sound of oil popping in the kitchen and smelled the delicious aroma of chicken frying. Upon entering the kitchen, the handsome man was creaming potatoes moistened by melting pats of butter and creamy milk. I poured an Abita Abbey Ale into a frosted glass and sipped the delightfully floral brew and enjoyed a pleasant conversation about the emotion derived from simple home cooked meals. After all the chicken had been fried, he made a peppery gravy and we sat at our table to enjoy a satisfying Southern dinner.

This is how that handsome man made the chicken:

He soaked about 1 lb of chicken tenders in a mixture of 4 cups of buttermilk and several tablespoons of Worcestershire and hot sauce for about half and hour.

Then, he dredged the chicken in a flour mixture with ample amounts of Paprika, Cayenne, Salt, Pepper, Italian seasoning, and Garlic powder. (The spices should be visible in the flour mixture.)

Lastly, he fried it in several inches of very hot vegetable oil.

2 comments:

  1. I am drooling! Ale and fried chicken! yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling too. Maybe I can get my husband to do a repeat this weekend.

    ReplyDelete