Friday, October 22, 2010

Double-Chocolate, Sneaky-Mom Cookies

I'm currently lacking a picture of this tasty creation because they were eaten before the photo shoot could take place, but I really want to get this recipe on here before I mislay the sheet of paper I scibbled it down on. I've lost more than one recipe in this manner...

Here it goes!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup flax
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and shortening; add sugars, cocoa and beat. Beat in flour, flax, oats, salt, baking soda and egg. Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of batter 2 inches apart on baking sheet and bake 12 to 14 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment